Come and join an award winning, fast-growing global financial technology company. We offer excellent benefits and opportunities to advance and learn alongside accomplished business and technology leaders.
What’s the role?
Our mission is to simplify the complexities of post-trade and we are seeking an experienced Implementation Consultant to join our growing professional services team in our Toronto office.
You will be working as part of a team supporting new client software implementations and change initiatives for existing clients of Inferno, our post-trade processing platform. As an experienced implementation consultant, you will be responsible for leading complex implementation projects, gathering client requirements and translating them into a deliverable solution.
The Implementation Consultant will work closely with clients and colleagues to deliver business value throughout the project, from pre-sales through to go-live.
Key Responsibilities include
- Take ownership of the technical and functional aspects of an Inferno implementation
- Configure and deploy Inferno, our post trade processing platform, to meet client requirements
- Provide client support during projects, including leading workshops, guiding acceptance testing and providing functional training to business users
- Support the sales pipeline by eliciting requirements and translating these to the functional scope for an implementation
We’re looking for:
- 5+ years’ experience as an implementation consultant or relevant experience in the post-trade space
- Proven track record of implementation or business analysis in a post trade operations function within a securities firm or software vendor and comfortable providing consultancy and configuring complex software on site
- Securities post-trade knowledge and experience is a must have requirement, including equities, fixed income and financing trades. If you have Derivatives experience even better!
- Knowledge of middle and back office workflow - including trade capture, trade confirmation/affirmation, settlement, reconciliation, accounting processes, and market practice (DTCC / CDS / SWIFT etc)
- Experience of dealing with third party vendors (front office software vendors, exchanges / CSDs / regulators etc)
- Technical Experience - familiarity with scripting languages (preferably Python) and the Unix command line. Knowledge of SQL (Oracle preferred) and XML
- Experience working with BPS, Phase3, Impact, GMI, Shadow, Dataphile, ISM or similar systems a nice to have
- Hard working and motivated, with a logical mindset that combines deep analytical skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced customer driven environment
- Well organised and able to manage own time effectively and that of others where tasks have been delegated
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to process and summarise large quantities of technical detail, and learn quickly
About Torstone Technology:
Torstone is a leading global provider of cross-asset post-trade securities and derivatives processing technology. We simplify the complexities of the post-trade landscape. Combining many decades of investment banking expertise with in-depth global financial market knowledge, we develop an innovative, secure and scalable solution. Modern, cloud-based fully integrated technology means our customers spend less time on manual processing and maintaining regulatory compliance, and more time with clients. Our aim is to help our customers drive revenue and greater operational efficiency, with reduced risk and better business performance.
We have a strong team of over 100 employees and are growing quickly. Our global headquarters is based in London with offices in New York, Toronto, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Tokyo.