Come and join an award winning, fast-growing global financial technology company. We offer excellent benefits and opportunities to advance and learn alongside accomplished business and technology leaders.
What’s the role?
Our mission is to simplify the complexities of post-trade and we are looking for a Subject Matter Expert to support the growth of the business in Japan.
You will focus on building on the success Torstone have had in Japan since opening the Tokyo office in 2017. The key focus of this role is working with existing clients and new customers to help provide consultative advice on how they can leverage the Torstone Inferno solution to improve their business processes. The successful individual will work closely with the Sales and Development teams by providing client-focused advice and specifications. In parallel, it is expected that this role will also support Sales with product demonstrations to help clients/prospects better understand the benefits of the Inferno solution. This role is likely to suit an individual who has previously worked in an operations function within a securities firm or BA roles in financial software companies.
The main functions of the role include:
- Co-ordinate the technical and functional activities to support the sales process
- Communicate technical and product knowledge to prospects as the SME, including leading demos, workshops, etc.
- Take ownership of technical and functional input into RFI/RFP responses
- Input into product development for Japan – helping to drive the extension of the platform to support the Japan business
- Elicit and analyse business requirements followed by proposing solutions, creation of Foundation and business requirement documentation, liaise with global product teams to ensure that solutions delivered are of global benefit
- Work with the regional Head of Professional Services in create project plans and estimates
- Ensure the quality delivery of solutions by taking a lead role in project quality assurance. This will require, and is not limited to, the formulation of test cases, hands on testing, issue investigation and UAT support
- Assist the production support team with resolution of production issues and inquiries
We’re looking for
- Eloquent, persuasive, and fluent in spoken and written Japanese and English
- Bachelor Degree holder
- Experience in the post-trade processes of the financial sector
- A sound knowledge and understand a number of the following:
- Securities sell-side post-trade processing in the Japan market
- Settlement process flows for a self-clearing business in Japan
- JASDEC and BOJ NET connectivity and process flow
- Japan legal ledger and regulatory reporting requirements (FSA/JSDA/BOJ) for securities firms
- Any Derivatives (e.g. Futures, Options, CFD, IRS, TRS, etc.) experience is a plus
- Agile practice experience is a plus
- Experience with ISTAR, GLOSS, RIMS, NOVA, Eclipse, Calypso, Murex or similar systems is a plus
- Well organised and able to manage own time effectively and that of others where tasks have been delegated
- Team player, capable of working in a high performance environment
About Torstone Technology:
Torstone is a leading global provider of cross-asset post-trade securities and derivatives processing technology. We simplify the complexities of the post-trade landscape. Combining many decades of investment banking expertise with in-depth global financial market knowledge, we develop an innovative, secure and scalable solution. Modern, cloud-based fully integrated technology means our customers spend less time on manual processing and maintaining regulatory compliance, and more time with clients. Our aim is to help our customers drive revenue and greater operational efficiency, with reduced risk and better business performance.
We have a strong team of over 100 employees and are growing quickly. Our global headquarters is based in London with offices in New York, Toronto, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Tokyo.