Torstone is seeking an experienced Senior Business Analyst to support our growth in Canada. The key focus of this role is to spearhead the analysis and roadmap positioning to develop Torstone into the leading post-trade platform for Canadian institutional broker-dealers and retail brokers. This role is likely to suit an individual who has previously worked in an Operations function within a securities firm or Business Analysis roles in financial software companies.
The main functions of the role are to:
- Analyze business requirements emanating from client projects and the industry
- Lead client workshops, review documentation, attend industry events, network with industry Subject Matter Experts
- Produce Requirement User Stories and present to Clients and to internal Product Owners
- Participate in solution design with development teams and Product Owners
- Produce Functional Requirements documentation
- Support Quality Assurance in defining testing scenarios, and where necessary conducting targeted and specialist testing
- Support User Acceptance Testing as required by clients/projects
- Ensure that Torstone’s roadmap and development plans are in-line with our strategic aim of becoming the leading post-trade software company in Canada
- Support pre-sales activity by participating in product demos, prospect workshops and gap analysis and collating responses to RFIs / RFPs
- Assist the production support team with resolution of production issues and inquiries
- Travel to our New York & London offices or to non-Toronto based clients & prospects as required.
- Subject Matter Expert in sell-side broker-dealer operations and processing preferably with strong experience of Canadian Retail/Wealth products and processing.
- Asset classes include equities, fixed income, stock options, mutual funds, GICs, precious metals.
- Experience of listed derivative would also be useful.
- Expertise in one or more of the following
- Canadian Registered Plans administration
- Retail account taxation and tax filing
- Margin and seg
- IIROC Form 1 reporting
- Corporate Actions
- Settlement flows (CDS, DTC, OCC, CDCC, etc.)
- Strong analytical background – Ability to identify patterns and generic features and push back where changes are being proposed that don’t serve the longer term vision for the platform
- Experience in data modelling and analysis would be of great benefit
- Aptitude for listening to clients and being able to influence and shape their approach especially where simplification or standardization can be achieved
- Ability to think clearly under pressure and be eloquent, persuasive and comfortable in an external client facing environment
- Team player, capable of working in a high performance environment
- Experience of working in both Agile and Waterfall software development environments
- An understanding of, and interest in, modern technology & technical trends would be a plus
- Technical skills such as SQL, Python or other coding experience would be an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and organizational skills
We are looking for an outstanding Business Analyst in the Canadian Wealth/Retail sell-side industry, with a passion for change and wanting to be part of our journey to provide Canada with Future-Proof, Flexible Post-Trade solutions.
About Torstone Technology:
Torstone is a leading global provider of cross-asset post-trade securities and derivatives processing technology. We simplify the complexities of the post-trade landscape. Combining many decades of investment banking expertise with in-depth global financial market knowledge, we develop an innovative, secure and scalable solution. Modern, cloud-based fully integrated technology means our customers spend less time on manual processing and maintaining regulatory compliance, and more time with clients. Our aim is to help our customers drive revenue and greater operational efficiency, with reduced risk and better business performance.
We have a strong team of over 100 employees and are growing quickly. Our global headquarters is based in London with offices in New York, Toronto, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Tokyo.