Come and join an award-winning, fast-growing global financial technology company.Job Description:
We offer excellent benefits and opportunities to advance and learn alongside
accomplished business and technology leaders.
Due to significant growth the Product Management department is looking for an experienced Product Owner to look after the Canadian implementation of Torstone’s Post-trade and Risk Platform. The role will encompass keeping abreast of market developments, requirements gathering, liaising with clients to address their gaps and concerns, backlog refinement and working with Product Owners, Business Analysts
and development teams to enhance our Canadian offering.
The right candidate will be hardworking and motivated with a logical mind-set that combines analytical skills with the ability to work in a fast paced customer driven environment. He or she will be expected to conduct presentations to prospects and senior client management and demonstrations as required, and therefore expected to be an excellent communicator.
Skills and Aptitude:
- Experience and knowledge of Canadian clearing and settlement flows (CDS, CDS CNS, CDCC, FundServ and Cannex) and US equivalents (DTC, NSCC and OCC).
- Experience working for or with institutional broker-dealers, correspondent clearers and retail brokers in Canada
- Experience in corporate actions, treasury, stock lending, account transfers (ATON/ACATS) and middle office flows (CTM) would be beneficial
- Understanding of Registered Plan administration, tax reporting and IIROC reporting advantageous
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies and software development lifecycle
- Experience with Post-Trade systems or other financial technology
- Liaising between business analysts, development, QA, support and sales for product direction
- Client facing skills including regular direct interactions with client executive/senior management
- Ability to conduct presentations and demo the platform
- Complimentary technical skills such as SQL or programming skills would be an advantage.
- Minimum five years in product management as a Business Analyst or Product Owner
About Torstone Technology:
Torstone is a leading global provider of cross-asset post-trade securities and derivatives processing technology. We simplify the complexities of the post-trade landscape. Combining many decades of investment banking expertise with in-depth global financial market knowledge, we develop an innovative, secure and scalable solution. Modern, cloud-based fully integrated technology means our customers spend
less time on manual processing and maintaining regulatory compliance, and more time with clients. Our aim is to help our customers drive revenue and greater operational efficiency, with reduced risk and better business performance.
We have a strong team of over 100 employees and are growing quickly. Our global headquarters is based in London with offices in New York, Toronto, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Tokyo.