Come and join an award winning, fast-growing global financial technology company. We offer excellent benefits and opportunities to advance and learn alongside accomplished business and technology leaders.
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to manage all aspects of global financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) regarding all financial and accounting activities you will ensure the smooth, accurate and timely running of the accounts department, and information produced for a growing Fintech Company.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage the preparation of monthly management accounts and budgeting
- Oversee all company accounts and investments
- Analyse the monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports and oversee the multi currency bank accounts
- Supervise, manage, develop and motivate 2 PQ financial department staff
- Develop and improve the accounting systems and processes, including payments and invoicing
- Ensure the security, integrity, accuracy and timeliness of financial data and systems
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems and policies to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Tax compliance with VAT, P11D, CT and other tax filings (including overseas branches) as required in line with HMRC deadlines
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Budgeting and forecasting - ensure the timely preparation and presentation of annual budgets and other forward planning information
- Support ad hoc projects - To improve processes, systems, and efficiencies throughout our company operations
- Assist the CFO in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
Skills and Aptitude:
- Proven working experience withing a similar role as a Financial Controller
- 5+ years of post qualification experience on combined accounting and finance experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting or similar
- Relevant professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/ACMA)
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with multi branch companies and multiple tax jurisdictions preferred
- Prior experience of Xero accounting systems advantageous
- Strong IT, Excel and System skills
About Torstone Technology:
Torstone is a leading global provider of cross-asset post-trade securities and derivatives processing technology. We simplify the complexities of the post-trade landscape. Combining many decades of investment banking expertise with in-depth global financial market knowledge, we develop an innovative, secure and scalable solution. Modern, cloud-based fully integrated technology means our customers spend less time on manual processing and maintaining regulatory compliance, and more time with clients. Our aim is to help our customers drive revenue and greater operational efficiency, with reduced risk and better business performance.
We have a strong team of over 100 employees and are growing quickly. Our global headquarters is based in London with offices in New York, Toronto, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Tokyo.